(Trevi) Fendi Fountain

Fendi has UPPED the fashion show game.
In a way that has never been done before.

Last week on July 7, Haute Couture fashion label Fendi (led by Karl Lagerfeld) decided to stage their latest show at...

Wait for it.

THE TREVI FOUNTAIN.

IN ROME.

IN ITALY.
Fendi Fashion Show - 90th Anniversary - Rome - Trevi Fountain - Reflections with Raa
Venturelli - Getty Images
You know.
Just casually.

As first I thought they did it for the insane levels of prettiness and to showcase their brilliant creativity, but I quickly realised it was to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the acclaimed Italian fashion house.

How exactly did they pull of this collaboration with one of the most iconic landmarks in the world? Fendi was very smart (lots of forward-thinking involved, I'm sure) and had donated money to the Trevi Fountain's renovation project last year. 
Touché Fenditouché.

What is intriguing is that last year Bulgari chipped in on renovations for the Spanish Steps…interesting. 
Models walking up and down 135 steps? Hmmm, we'll see.

The models looked like goddesses, literally figuratively gliding across the water.
I want to say literally not figuratively, because that glass runway they created inside the fountain and on top of water did a verrrrry good job of bringing the illusion to life.
Fendi Fashion Show - 90th Anniversary - Rome - Trevi Fountain - Reflections with Raa
Franco Origlia - Getty Images 
As intricate, detailed and complex the setting became, the designs still took centre stage - and were only elevated by the beautiful blue water and sculptured backgrounds.
Fendi Fashion Show - 90th Anniversary - Rome - Trevi Fountain - Reflections with Raa
Vittorio Zunino - Getty Images

Does STUNNING sum it up?

Fashion, history, architecture? YES PLEASE.
Fendi Fashion Show - 90th Anniversary - Rome - Trevi Fountain - Reflections with Raa
Getty Images 
Even Blair Waldorf agrees.

Fendi Fashion Show - 90th Anniversary - Rome - Trevi Fountain - Blair Waldorf - Reflections with Raa

Fendi Fashion Show - 90th Anniversary - Rome - Trevi Fountain - Blair Waldorf - Reflections with Raa
Getty Images
For a "Legends and Fairytales" themed night and collection, the show sure nailed the brief. 
Well done, Karl Lagerfeld, we bow down to you.  😍

I'll just leave some more eye candy here.


A video posted by Fendi (@fendi) on


A photo posted by Fendi (@fendi) on


A photo posted by Fendi (@fendi) on


A photo posted by Kendall Jenner (@kendalljenner) on



A photo posted by Fendi (@fendi) on


Reflections with Raa...

I have always loved fashion. 

And one thing I really love is listening to why and how supporting elements were chosen (whether that be in regards to fashion, an artwork, TV show, movie, book etc.). 


I love how much thought goes into the tiniest of details.


If any of your favourite TV shows have behind-the scenes/production featurettes/director's commentary, I'm sure they would explain in depth every single thought that went into creating a character's bedroom, for example. 


I love watching and listening to those tidbits because it can highlight how something we see as just a randomly occurring setting, contributes in more ways than we consciously recognise in the grand scheme of things (character development, the feel of the environment, feedback into the dialogue and so on!).


So, 

needless to say, 
I am such a massive fan of the concepts and creativity that culminated in this majestic and magical fashion show.


Until next time!

 Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Or follow me below at - 
They're all linked so you should just be able to click on them! :)

❤️Raashi
Share

20 comments:

  1. this was so cool! I loved the idea. Nice post gurl ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fifi! Such a brilliant concept, right!

      Delete
  2. I've caught quite a lot of the coverage on this thanks to watching E! as Kendall Jenner was involved and I thought the whole concept and design looked so dreamy! Definitely a huge moment for fashion :) x

    Viva Epernay | £100 Asos Voucher Giveaway! | Vote For Me - Beauty Blogging Awards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So dreamy! It's nice that the show got so much publicity, so much creativity behind the concept and hard work into the execution!

      Delete
  3. While I generally find fashion completely inspiring, this particular show takes the cake. I don't think I have seen something so breathtaking since Marc Jacob's Louis Vuitton Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Collection. Oh and those Blair Waldorf quotes are spot on!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My exact thoughts! Haha, Blair Waldorf definitely has a way with words :P

      Delete
  4. Wasn't it a genious idea! When I saw the first photos I couldn't believe it, but Fendi is a master =o) It's always so amazing to see what designers come up with for the shows, I especially love to see Dior shows =o)

    http://dreamofadventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love that fashion shows these days are taking creativity to a whole other level :)

      Delete
  5. I saw fashion blogger Chriselle Lim post so many photos of the show on her Instagram. I was out for words. Fendi outdid itself and many others. Everything was plain genius!

    annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genius is for sure the right word, I would love to know how everyone reacted the first time the idea of using the Trevi Fountain as the backdrop was thrown onto the table, haha.

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness what an amazing show. I love fashion, I think it is one of the three most defining components in a generation (politics music and fashion). Love this post! Thanks for sharing :)
    xx Annie
    http://www.somethingswellblog.com/2016/07/14/donovan-designs-phone-case-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annie! I think our generation is especially influenced by so many things and how those things are shared by the media.

      Delete
  7. This honestly takes me back! Went to Rome with my boyfriend a few years back and honestly, Trevi fountain was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen!! It's amazing, grand and the amount of detail is just overwhelming. Very creative idea to stage a fashion show there for sure. :) <3 Would have been cool to be there and see it live! x x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, I love Rome so much. It would have been insane to see it all in person, it would have been so magical!

      Delete
  8. what an amazing location for a fashion show! and i mean, fashion, history and architecture (and art, i suppose) is such a win-win-win-(win) situation! the clothes look beautiful, too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yes! Such a win-win-win-(win) situation!

      Delete
  9. Ahh I love this post so much! What a fab location for a fashion show and with the lighting as well - ohmygod, it's gorgeous! And Blair Waldorf's quote is spot on hehe, I love it! Thanks so much for sharing x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was enamoured by the lighting too! Looked like such a gorgeous night!

      Delete
  10. I've seen photos of the show and what a beautiful backdrop to stage an incredible fashion show! I'm heading to Rome in September and can't wait to stop by the trevi fountain! I feel like I would have been quite nervous strutting across that glass stage though eek!

    Musings & More

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just about to catch up on all your posts, so excited to see Rome through your lens! Oh gosh, right! No mishaps though, so we can just appreciate the beauty of it :P

      Delete


Follow

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.

Pinterest

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *